Attracting investments, finding debt financing, selling and acquiring business (both in Ukraine and abroad), developing capitalization strategies
Ukrainian equities were hot in Warsaw but mostly cold in London on Wednesday, May 13. The WIG Ukraine Index rose 1.5% to extend its win streak to four sessions at a 5.1% advance. It was led by egg producer Ovostar (OVO PW), which surged 7.5%, and sugar producer Astarta (AST PW), which climbed 4.7%, or 14.0% in three sessions. In London, iron ore miner and pellet maker Ferrexpo (FXPO LN) declined 1.8%. JKX Oil & Gas (JKX LN) fell 5.6%.
While the Ukrainian market has been turbulent in the recent years, M&A is the core business for Concorde Capital and we excel at it. Our deals include:
- The sale of the nation’s largest chemical producer in a joint mandate with JP Morgan
- The sale of the largest media holding in Ukraine
- The merger of the two fast-growing beer producers
- The sale of a minority stake in the nation’s largest gasoline station business
- The sale of a consumer product business in 2015